Skip to main content
As of the 24 September 2015 The Centre for Ageing Research and Development in Ireland (CARDI) became the Ageing Research and Development Division within the Institute of Public Health in Ireland (IPH).
This website will remain online but will no longer be updated. To keep up to date with our work please visit the Division of Ageing Research and Development section of the IPH website.
You are here
Review of the Nursing Homes Support Scheme, A Fair Deal
21st July 2015, Department of Health (ROI)
Department of Health (ROI)
The Department of Health (ROI) Review of the Nursing Homes Support Scheme was published on Monday 20 July 2015. The Review was carried out by the Department in collaboration with the Health Service Executive with input from Deloitte and Touche as external consultants.
Specific recommendations are to:
- standardise or centralise certain administrative processes;
- develop the use of information technology and web-based systems;
- enhance application materials and make these easier to understand;
- improve procedures used in the validation of financial information submitted by applicants and in the recovery of deferred contributions; and
- develop new approaches to setting nursing home prices to ensure that value, adequate capacity, and transparency are achieved.
The government has decided to establish a Working Group composed of representatives of a number of Departments, the HSE and the National Treatment Purchase Fund (where relevant) to oversee implementation of these recommendations. Read more here.